The system is broken. The government, the people and the business community know it. However, many of the reporters within the media still don’t get it. They are clueless about the state of the world in which we find ourselves. It’s why they don’t report it.
We live in a country with 18 trillion dollars worth of debt on top of 40 trillion in unfunded liabilities. We live in a bankrupt country yet, not a peep out of the media. The emperor has no clothes… but you would be hard pressed to find that information anywhere.
Unlike the media, however, the average citizen knows that something is not right in America. We know when the government reports that unemployment is at 5% its impossible with 90 million people out of the labor force. Its Donald Trump who is giving a voice to the masses- pontificating, teaching and telling the people what is wrong with America and his plans to fix it. Having been grilled by both Megyn Kelly and Chuck Todd, the media class can’t believe he is still standing. The clueless pundits are flabbergasted. Their ignorance misses the point that while they have been negligent in not reporting the issues of the day these issues are of paramount importance to the voters.
Our governing institutions have become totally unrecognizable from their original design evidencing how far government has fallen.
- The Department of Defense . We won’t even defend our borders. Thousand of people illegally cross our border every day. We still have troops on the border of Korea protecting the South over a war that ended in 1953! We also have troops stationed in Germany as a result of World War II which ended in 1945! Yet, here in the U.S, we won’t send troops to protect our own borders.
- New Name: “Department of War“: Since the end of World War II, here is just a small sample of all of the conflicts in which the U.S has been involved, deployed troops to and fought battles in: Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Environmental Protection Agency was born in the wake of elevated concerns about environmental pollution. The EPA was established to ensure environmental protection.
- New Name: “Environmental Deconstruction Agency:” Just look at the latest tragedy in Colorado where the EPA spilled an estimated 1 million gallons of wastewater out of an abandoned mine area in the southern part of the state, turning the Animas River orange and prompting the Environmental Protection Agency to tell locals to avoid it.
- The Department of Education was formed to turn the U.S into an educational powerhouse.
- New Name: “Department of Dis/Mis-Information:” Our test scores are some of the lowest in the developed world and since the Department was formed our scores have gotten worse…not better.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection: Established to do the obvious and the tool the President is to use under the Constitution he swore an oath to in order to “preserve, protect and defend” the Nation.
- New Name: “Department of Border Entry Assistance:” If anything, our last two Presidents (Bush and Obama) have ignored that part of their oath and Constitutional duty to instead assist and allow in millions of illegals.
We now exist in a world where the institutions that were created for a specific reason actually do the opposite of what they were supposed to do. The government, and the people who work in those departments, have perverted our system to such an extent that we no longer recall the functions they were meant to perform.
What else can be said but, “The the system is broken!”
Our government bears little resemblance to the one envisioned by the Founding Fathers and their emphasis on separation of powers and limited government. None of the three branches of government are trusted by the American people and that’s to be expected given how far we have fallen.
Lost footing is not the sole purview of the public sector. Other pillars of society have lost the trust of the public as well… private institutions are widely perceived as being just as corrupt as public ones (or worse). Take a look at some of these iconic names of American business: Goldman-Sachs, Chase, General Motors, NY Times and you can see that these institutions no longer have the respect of the American public.
Part of the problem was due to the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis which consolidated the power and wealth of the big banks, and gave the Federal Reserve ultimate power over the economy. This helped the largest institutions at the expense of the individual, who needed help as much if not more.
The transparency available due to the technology has seen us inundated with scandal after scandal revealing systemic corruption
And then there are media scandals:
- Brian Williams’ fabricated war zone stories;
- George Stephanopoulos’ attempt to conceal his conflicts of interest with the Clinton Foundation;
- Dan Rather fabricated story about George Bush’s service record, and,
- Candy Crowley, the moderator, interjecting herself into a Presidential debate to defend Obama.
If the media wonders why they are no longer trusted or respected…well…they might read this post for starters.
The factors are piling up beyond our capacity to excuse them away. Trump has been doing the unmasking of the fragility of the “American Empire” and those still in power, who built it, are freaking out.
Our Nation is exhausted from endless wars and threats of terrorism. We have turned cynical to the false promise of “Hope and Change.” Time unmasked that lie. Our civil rights have been destroyed. We no longer have anything resembling privacy. Our religious liberties have been destroyed. We can no longer act as our conscious and our faith dictate but rather must comply with what the Supreme Court rules…the last entity that should ever have become politicized. Yet, sadly, it has.
Exhaustion without relief becomes illness. Illness untreated can be fatal. As a nation we’ve passed exhaustion. We’ve been ill for awhile now and unwilling to embark upon the necessary treatment. Without radical intervention to cut out the diseased portions, there may remain but that one tragic and final option.
Let’s pray not. That is, if prayer is still permitted.